Friday 25 March 2016

SETTING THE SCENE (part 3) Hedgerows & Trees for Winter & Summer.


It has been a while since my last post and part of the reason for this was the amount of terrain I have been making, 140 x trees and lots of hedges.

There is 88 x Pine and 52 x deciduous trees and I have used some of the Deciduous trees along with most of the hedges for my summer terrain.

Although 'Setting The Scene' will primarily be a Winter Theme, I will also include in the back of the book the summer versions of 'how to make' trees, hedges, flexible roads, terrain mat and anything else that I do between now and getting the book finished.

Before I go any further with this post I would just like to show you some superb figures and vehicle that Nick over at Moitereisbuntewelt.blogspot has done for me, in exchange for some of my terrain.

I just need to do the snow basing to the figures and snow effects to the half track but I couldn't resist including them in some staged shots later on in this post.

For more details of these, visit Nick's excellent blog over at

http://moitereisbuntewelt.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/6th-ahpc-vi-submission-28mm-us-winter.html

Nick has also kindly done a painting guide for the figures at http://moitereisbuntewelt.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/us-winter-infantry-colour-guide.html

Back to the terrain and here is the latest batch.

I thought it would be nice to build the trees into the hedgerow, rather than have them separate as I already have individually based trees. Some of the separate hedges are from 'Last Valley' which I have re flocked to blend in with the hedgerows that I have made.

Summer version first.






  
Winter version.







A few staged shots with Nicks superb American troops and halftrack.















22 comments:

  1. Wonderful looking terrain Pat - very much enjoying the work on this winter project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice, perfect and wonderful winter terrain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always, so atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic looking terrain as usual Pat! I really do need to do some hedgerows as we play a lot gaming in Normandy. Another great thing is Nick is my friend so I will get to see some of your lovely terrain personally.:-)

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat for the eyes Pat, I was thinking about doing something similar with incorporating trees into hedges, but never got round to - certainly heading back here when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both the summer and winter versions look great Pat. Love the idea of putting some trees into the hedgerows. They are often there in the real versions.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent lanscapes. All that´s needed on the winter landscape pics is a Robin and you could use them as X-mas Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant stuff Pat! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning work. Your book on winter terrain is going to be the authority on the subject - I'll be very interested in picking it up. Keep up the great work Pat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those winter shots are just sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just put the heating back on Pat looking at that little lot. :-)
    Fantastic job loving the tree lines.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just brilliant, Pat. I love the switch over to the winter themed look. All the touches are great, from the snow covered logs over the ditches to the snowy haystacks. Combining with Nick's figures is perfect - like bacon and eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply splendid and wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Your work continues to amaze & inspire. Love the haystacks. I tried making Styrofoam ones, which work in a pinch, but they certainly pale in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome terrain Pat! I'm sure with stuff like that your book will be THE go to once it's released. Thanks for the kind words on the figures, glad you like 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! And what a large batch of new terrain! In particular I like how you've incorporated the trees in hedgerows and road banks. /Mattias

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another fantastic addition to the winter terrain set! Really looking forward to the book - it promises to be an absolute goldmine of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.